The GFS was established in 1904 by Rt. Rev. E. A. Coppleston, Bishop of Colombo, and branches were set up island wide. We now meet at the GFS headquarters consisting of a Hall and office rooms, opened in June 1923 in the capital city, Colombo. Our beautiful air-conditioned Hall is used to conduct programmes and is also hired out as a means of generating income to carry on the work of the Society.
Our programmes include Bible based seminars, table sales and programmes of fun, fellowship and games. We conduct aerobic and ballet classes at subsidized rates and offer free craft classes.
The GFS also assists the Church whenever possible through medical camps and Bible distribution programmes and offers a helping hand to less fortunate women and children.
Our main service project is the Hostel which since 1957 continues to meet a great need by providing safe, basic accommodation for girls coming into Colombo for the first time for employment. We plan to expand and develop these facilities in order to meet the increasing demand.
Membership is open to all girls and women. The "Pink Pearls" group is for girls 16 - 30 years.
Please LIKE us on Facebook - Girls' Friendly Society,
Sri Lanka and GFS Hall, Colombo 3.
Contact : Jeanne Withanage - firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
GFS Office : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. 0094 11 2573223
Web page: http://www.gfssrilanka.org